How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I own a limited company which is a successful training business.

This answer was rated:

I own a limited company which is a successful training business. I want to use some of the profits to buy a one bedroom flat in Central London. What is the best way to set this up? I am considering having my training business lend funds to a new limited company, which will then obtain a 75% interest only mortgage to buy the property. I want to use the new property as an office for the training company. It will have phone and broadband but no-one will work there full time. It will be used for occasional staff visits and client meetings but not let out. Will this be accepted by the Revenue or is there a risk I might be taxed for personal benefit? Should the training company pay the new company rent to cover the mortgage and the costs of furnishings and equipment? Can these be bought by the training company to claim back VAT? The new company will not be registered for VAT but the training company is.
Will you or anyone else be living there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In that case there is no risk that you would be taxed on this as a personal benefit. It's not used or owned by you and is owned and used for companies.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you