How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Madam Please could you advise a course of action

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir/Madam
Please could you advise a course of action on the following question.
Last April I lent a person,who at the time I considered a close friend, £1120.51 to save her being evicted. At the time she expected to receive the money she owed me back within a month by way of government benefits (back dated) when these did not materialise she then promised to pay the the money in monthly installments, of £50 by standing order. This was acceptable at the time as I had no reason to doubt her. To date I have so far received the following
1. £50 on 8/07/15
2. £50 on 6/08/15
3. £50 on 29/10/2015
Despite numerous attempts to contact her she has completely ignored me I have kept all
text messages from her as proof of her intent and my constant reminders. I have now given up trying to contact her and would like to know what my next step is.
I look forward to your advise on this matter
Mrs Valerie Clews
Hi, thank you for your question. You will be able to pursue a claim to Court, which you can do here: However, you should write to hee one more time and formally inform her that if the debt is not settled by a specific date (eg. 4 weeks) that you will proceed to court and cla your court fees on top. Please provide a positive ratimg if you found this helpful and I will not be credited with answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you