How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

About 15 years ago I was accused of rape it wasn't true I was

This answer was rated:

About 15 years ago I was accused of rape it wasn't true I was arrested at time and released I haven't heard any more about this. Recently the girl as been contacting me and my family I have informed police. Can police get involved again she as been texting me on Facebook and whiazz app. She is bitter because at time it split her boyfriend up that's why I believe she accused me and she now sees I have a family and as contacted my wife my wife told her to get lost so now she says she's going to police
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
There is no time limit on these cases - the police can certainly investigate alleged crimes from 15 years ago.
But if you were cleared from the investigation previously, there is no reason, unless fresh evidence comes to light, for the police to want to speak to you again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does cleared mean nfa
It's means the same thing, yes. The police really only be interested if any fresh evidence comes to light - her repeating the same allegation will not result in a new investigation.
Alice H and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think a statement was made that's why they nfa it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We did sleep together so the was that contact but I told police that at the time
OK. Do you have another question you'd like to ask?