How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son is 5, we have shared reponsibility and days ,

Customer Question

Hello my son is 5, we have shared reponsibility and days , i never married his mother , of 6 years , paid all bills during this time and now pay maintenance due, my son gets upset everytime he goes to stay there as a new boyfriend, she has had issues with taking valium sleeping tablets in past and recreational drugs, is there anything i can do about the situation, i want him to see his mother but prefer if was here more as feels secure here regarsdr ob
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. It is a justifiable concern if you believe that the mother is using drugs whilst your son is in her care. Have you raised this with her and do you have concerns that she is still using drugs? The priority is your son's safety whilst he is in her care and if she cannot demonstrate that there are no concerns, then you can pursue an application to court for a child arrangement order (this can be done under form C100 to your local family court, together with a £215 court fee). The court will allocate a CAFCASS officer to carry out background checks on both of you, and ask you and her about the application and any concerns. The CAFCASS officer will assess whether it is justifiable to recommend that she undergo drug testing to confirm if she has recently used. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.