How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

What action can be taken if a minority Director shareholder

Customer Question

What action can be taken if a minority Director shareholder (49%) with the help of the Company Accountant, modifies Articles of Association without informing the majority shareholder. The change gives the minority shareholder Director to allocate dividents without the approval of the majority shareholder.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
UK Company Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You cannot amend the articles without a special resolution (75% of the voting share capital) - this is potentially just a fraud. Do you have a shareholders agreement?