How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Four months ago I took over a pub/restaurant business the "Lord

This answer was rated:

Four months ago I took over a pub/restaurant business the "Lord Kitchener" in Curbridge, Witney. Since then the old publicans refuse to take down their old Facebook page "The Lord Kitchener, Curbridge". I have a new Facebook page "The Lord kitchener, Witney" - reluctantly using "Witney" only to differentiate but this confuses many of my customers who put messages on the old site by mistake. We have reported this to Facebook but they take no action. If we put a message on the old site advising people to visit the new page the owners just take it down. These people are simply acting maliciously and are presenting themselves as The Lord Kitchener when they have no association with it. What can I do, affordably, to stop them?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help youAre they posing as your business please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would argue yes... by maintaining and refusing to take down a Face Book page in the name our my business. But they are not actively doing anything else to my knowledge.

Ok. You need to get a solicitor to write and ask them to remove it or say you will get an injunction. This is the cheapest step getting a letter and should resolve the matter fairly quick.If that does not work then you will need to consider a court order requiring it to be taken down. You would need to complete forms n208 N16a court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make the order. If the court does and they refuse to comply this could be contempt of court and they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you