How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex husband left a trust fund son which was held in

This answer was rated:

My ex husband left a trust fund for my son which was held in trust by his two sisters as trustees until he reached the age of 24. My son has reached this age a few weeks ago and contacted the sisters whom have told them he cannot access any funds until August. They will not give him any details of where the money is with or what amount there is .My son is in needs of some funds for college and living expenses what can he do
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
around 30.0000
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi i am still waiting an answe could you advise me how long response will take
My apologies for the delay.The most likely explanation is that it is in an account that requires a six months notice to attract interest - and that if the money is with drawn now there will be a loss.However given that your son is now 24 it is for him to make the decision a sto what he wishes to do with the fund.He needs to write to them a polite and formal letter confirming that the Trust has now come to an end and they are under a legal duty to transfer the funds to him - and can be sued if they fail to do so.It would be sensible for him to say that in the event it is about a Notice period then he should be the one making the decision as to what to do next.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you