How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My brother-in-law is a 74 year old schizophrenic bachelor who

lives in his own jointly... Show More
lives in his own jointly owned home and the house is barely fit for human habitation. He refuses help, i.e., will not agree to Social Services having a look at the situation. His mental illness is under fortnightly attention. He is also physically ill and under the care of his local GP but both aspects are unconnected with the state of his home. I understand he will be going in to a hospital shortly for an operation.
Is there anything that can be suggested to improve his way of living in his home?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes he actually have sufficient mental capacity to make his own decisions?