How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

Sorry we got disconnected my son died on a trip to New York

Customer Question

sorry we got disconnected my son died on a trip to New York his firm he works for are oil related i have to send his death certificate and they want my solicitors name and address for his pension,i do not have a solicitor
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 2 years ago.
Good evening I am sorry to hear of your loss.We need to establish why it is that your son's employers want details of your Solicitors. Who is in charge of your son's estate? Did he make a Will and if so, did he appoint a Solicitor as an Executor or a family member? You need to report back to his employers as to who is managing the estate and ask them to make contact with them. The employers may require a Grant of Probate (document given by the probate registry which gives legal authority to deal with matters relating to someone who has died). Hopefully, the employers recognise that not all estates are managed by Solicitors especially low value estates.If the employer states that's it's mandatory that you instruct Solicitors, contact the Law Society or visit their website and search for local probate Solicitors. I hope that helps. Kind regardsKrystel
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 2 years ago.
I hope you received my answer. Krystel