How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50202
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have an Industrial Tribunal judgement sole trader who

This answer was rated:

I have an Industrial Tribunal judgement for a sole trader who does most of his work and receives payment in England but is based near Belfast in Northern Ireland. he refused to deal both with ACAS and the Tribunal and I understand that any English judgements either awarded by the tribunal or the high court are not valid in Northern Ireland, hence his putting up fingers at the proceedings believing he is untouchable.
What can I do to enforce any tribunal or high court judgement against him.
If your judgment was issued outside of NI then to be able to pursue it there you must register there before the Enforcement of Judgments Office can take any action against the debtor and pursue them for what they owe. Details of how this can be done can be accessed here: You are looking at Part 1 relating to UK judgements. As you can see you would need to get a Certificate of Money Provisions signed by the UK courts and then register that in NI to be able to enforce the judgment there. You may find that before you can get this done in the UK you would need to register the tribunal judgment in the county court to be able to enforce it officially as a tribunal judgment in itself cannot be enforced if the debtor does not ay. To do this you can get the details here: Then you can get the Certificate registered with the UK court and then go to the NI court to get it transferred there and to allow you to enforce it in that country. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of providing a template of the Certificate of Money Provisions, which I wish to provide so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response to my question - as I have an Industrial Relations court judgement in my favour with a stated amount and interest terms if there is a delay in paying, can I go straight to the English High Court for a judgement and then try to follow the steps laid out in the PDF document so that things may progress faster and easier.Is this something your office would be able to progress if I am unable to do it myself (no expertise in these sort of matters!)
Yes you may do so but unfortunately our advice is only limited to online help like here s we cannot actually assist with lodging forms. A this is all procedural work it should not cost too much to get a solicitor to help you hough so look for someone locally to you specialising in civil litigation. As t the form you need, I have attached that as promised