How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I had a county court dismiss a claim aleged debt, the

This answer was rated:

i had a county court dismiss a claim for an aleged debt, the so called debt was then asiigned to another party and they are trying to claim can they do this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.No. This is an abuse of process. You can't re-litigate on previously decided matters.So no - they had one bite of the cherry they cant do it again.You can get the claim struck out.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks even if the third party is disassociated from the original claimant ?
Makes no difference, its the same debt. You cant re-litigate on decided matters.Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks
Good luck.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you