How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am now completing the section on the online claim that asks

This answer was rated:

I am now completing the section on the online claim that asks for - A short statement (maximum 1080 characters) of what you are claiming for and why.
would you please review my statement and advise / recommend how I can improve it
We operate a small B&B, Colthrop Manor Ltd
(the claimant). In June 2015 we were
approached by and subsequently negotiated a
contract with TSO / Traffic Safety Officer
Services Ltd (the defendant). Under the
terms of the agreement TSO were to have all
the rooms in the B&B (5 rooms) on an ongoing
basis at a discounted rate of £1500 per week.
In negotiations the defendant stated that
they needed the accommodation on a long term
basis as they had a 5 year contact to service
close to our location. The deal was made
subject to a minimum term of 6 months.
On the evening of Tuesday 1st September we
received a telephone call from Tony Pope, the
Managing Director of TSO, informing us that
their contract had been cancelled and that
they no longer required the accommodation.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.You need to say this.The claimant operates a b&b and the defendant is a company which hired rooms.The defendant entered into a contract on (date) to let 5 rooms at £1500 a week with a minimum term of 6 months.The defendant on 1/9/year terminated the contract.The defendant is in breach of contract and the claimant claims £sum dueDoes that help?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

Thanks for taking this matter up again.

Ok, so just keep it that simple - just exactly as above and put all the detail into my witness statement yes?

erm...and that's all that's required? Just that statement and payment? I don't have to send anything to the defendant or supply witness statements?

What happens next then?

Correct.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, fine. Thanks

one last thing though - how do I sign the online form? it asks for my signature???

You type in your name. That's it.Is that ok?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Really! That's not a signature is it! Ok

But what happens next?

I will be out of the country from mid March to the end of April. Is that going to be a problem? Do I need to inform someone?

If it's defended you will have documents you need to complete. You should be ok for that and then just put in there dates to avoid for any trial.Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks Alex.

You're a star ;-)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've just listed a new property law question if you'd like to help me with that!

Ok, I will take a look.Thanks