How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35078
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a carer husband,who is a registered disabled

This answer was rated:

I am a carer for my husband,who is a registered disabled person and we have desided to end our marriage. The house we are living in, is from the council because of special adaptations. My husband wishes to leave, so I am left with 2 children and a 3 bedroom house. I can not afford to live in this house, and i do not have a job because i was-still am my husband carer. do i have to wait until the council take me to court before i get help looking for a new place.
both of our names are ***** ***** tenancy. and he wishes to remove his name but i haven't signed any paperwork for that.
also, I found out that my husband was making plans to move abroad in January, by himself. so he has been planning to leave for some time. and I can prove this as his sister told me that she will not support his application from for migration to Australia.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 girls aged 14 and 11
Have you spoken to the council about the position?Why do you think they will simply evict you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
because. 1 im not working, 2 i will be living in a 3 bedroom house where they will say i only need a 2 bedroom house. and 3 if my husband does move out, i will be on benifits and not have enoth income to support the bills
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the 3 bedroom house is also addapted for a disabled person, and im not disabled nor our the children.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if i remove my name from the joint tenancy agreement, i will be making myself homeless, and the council will not help you if you do this. so do i have to wait until i get evicted......... before i get help ..... if i decide to leave with the children, can i rent out a propery privatly and will i still recieve house benifts to pay for this... i dont know.
Please please stop worrying Yes you will have to move because of the adaptions but the Council will rehouse you in an alternative propertyYou should contact the housing office as soon as he moves out so that you can start bidding on other propertiesYou will be eligible for housing benefit to help with the rentPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i do have another question... its about a divorce. now because ive found out that my husband was secrelty making plans to imagrate to austrila, by himself. in january and it didnt go his way , do i have grounds to divorce him.
Yes that amounts to Unreasonable Behaviour which is indeed grounds for divorce
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, so how do i start that. I take it I need to collect proff also. is there a list of evdience i need to collect or something
The divorce process is detailed here is unlikely you will need any evidence
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you