How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I defaulted my secured loan on my property in 2008. Never received

This answer was rated:

I defaulted my secured loan on my property in 2008. Never received any default notice and my credit report shows that my loan is satisfied. What next
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can i do to remove the charge,and also weather the loan is still varied
Do you deny that you were in default?
I can offer a phone call if you would like but it will rack up the cost and it will not give you any more information than we can deliver online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not denying , but i have never received a default notice. I have never paid a peny since 2008. My credit report shows that the loan is satisfied. Why has the lender havent acted to the terms and condition of the loan?
I wouldn't take much notice of that. The days when challenges to default notices were successful have really gone.Are you saying the loan is not satisfied?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me back joC please
I'm here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can i get a discharge letter?
It is not that simple.Are you saying the loan is not satisfied?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its not.
What is it secured against? What is the date of default?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
secured on mortgaged house and defaulted in 2008
Have they sought to act upon it?Do you know when in 2008?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing has happened but need to know what could happen as its along time ago.
Defaulted in june 2008
They are out of time to sue then.This default will drop off anyway in June 2016 because it has been 6 years since the date of default.In terms of having it removed, you can always ask them to prove that the default notices were served correctly but I wouldn't suggest it. If they start looking at this they may remove the satisfaction notice and you don't want that even though it is only for about four months.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. please clarify the last paragraph.
In what way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If they cant sue, what could be the likely scenario cause i cant sell the house because of the charge? What do you mean they can remove satisfaction for 4 months
Do you mean there is a charge on the house? Consequent upon a CCJ? That is not a default.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The charge is at the land registry because of the secured loan.
That is different. That is not a default.They don't have to serve a default notice to do that.You can still sell as long as you pay the charge off.Otherwise the way to remove it is to pay in full.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They wont tell me a figure of the amount owed. Im i still incurring interest or is it the same with the amount defaulted?
No, normally it is 8%.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Morning JoC,
I was charged for the telephone call and i never used it. The person who called me promised me that i will not be charged .
Please check
I will ask a mod to look at this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was charged for a phone service and i never used it. Can i get a refund or someone call me for the service. I think its unfair to pay for nothing .
Yes, Im sure they will do that for you. You need to contact them on***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou. I will do that
No problem.All the best.