How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In August 2007 I invested £9000 in SVS Securities (04402606)

This answer was rated:

In August 2007 I invested £9000 in SVS Securities (04402606) believing they were about to float on the Stock Exchange. The financial meltdown of 2008 prevented that, but they are still trading. They have never paid any dividend to shareholders and do not communicate in any meaningful way. I would like my money back and have telephoned, emailed and written to the company many times to this effect, but they ignore me. Can I compel them to repay my investment either in full or in part?
***** *****e
Hello Tony my name is ***** ***** I will help you. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you