How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7071
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

Good morning, it has been suggested that I contact you from

Customer Question

Good morning, it has been suggested that I contact you from the Citizens Advice.I live in a cul-de-sac, and my neighbours drive, runs 8 feet from the front of my house. I am the only one in the road, as I am in a corner with someone elses drive in front of my house. Over the last couple of years he has parked a Toyota Tipper Lorry on the drive almost every night.He is the type of person who is unapproachable, and has annoyed other neighbours, as he also parks in the only parking area when free, which any of use use if we have workment etc. for 7 other houses.The Police, Parsh Council and a local Council representative who has visited my house are unable to assist with this matter. My deeds, states," not to do or cause permit or suffer to be done on the property anything which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance or may cause damage to the Transferor or the owners or occupiers of adjoining premises." It also states not to cause an obstruction on the road, on drawing coloured blue, which is the road.As the vehicle when parked is often parked from Friday night until Monday morning, this has caused annoyance to many. Would a petition help if it is necessary to take to Solicitors.
Thank you for your assistance. Should you need it my telephone 01747 858993
Yours sincerely Angela ******
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****A petition would help as it shows the depth of feeling involved and that he is annoying everyone not just one complainant.You need to apply for a copy of his title deeds , the Office Copy Entry of his title which a local conveyancing solicitor can obtain for you at a modest price or you can buy from the Land Registry. This will show whether he has a similar covenant in his title deeds and who has the right to enforce it.It is likely this covenant is in all the properties deeds and that you as an adjoining owner have the right to enforce it.Provided you all agree I would send a copy of the petition to him and state that unless he is more considerate in future you will if necessary apply to court for an injunction to prevent the nuisance with the support of the signatories.I hope this helps if there are any further points please reply , I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael