How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Contact with kids My friend 2 kids from his wife that been

Customer Question

Contact with kids
My friend 2 kids from his wife that been separated for 3 years, they lived in different houses but he was supporting her and the kids
Suddenly she took the kids to the north without telling him or informing the family
One is 7 and the other one is 12.
She is living with her family and she blocked him and family from the kids
We appointed solicitor And he wrote to her and filled application for my friend to have contact with the kids as they are in Sheffield and he lives in slough solicitor said that there is a new role when he filed the papers in court (London) The court saying ( as The solicitor saying ) asked him to file the case where the kids living
Is this true? Solicitor did not inform my friend about filing the case in the north and because we don't have enough knowledge we don't know what's happening
Please advice we paid the solicitor £2500 and still he couldn't arrange to see the kids says November 2015
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen did his ex move away and when did you first see the solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She moved in November 2015 and we saw the colicitor same month maybe a week after she took the kids
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am I been charged the extra fee for a call if yes when am I gona get a call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just got a reply that you won't call me and I won't be charged
Can you email me the response please
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I can call if you wish to pay the extra - but am happy to deal with this way if you would ratherDid the Solicitor say that you could have made an urgent application for the return of the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No he didn't
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
At the time you first saw the solicitor an urgent applictaion could have been made for the return of the children to the area while the court decided what was in the best interests of the children.At that time issuing locally would have been fine.However I am afraid that time has passedThe children have now been away for three months and the court will not force his ex to bring the children back (unless they are very unhappy there) while the long term decisions are made.There was no problem in issuing in London - but the solicitor should have warned you that it would then be transferred to a court nearer the children so that the necessary reports can be preparedIf the papers have been issued then it is simply a matter of waiting for the new date at a court up northPlease ask if you need further details