How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a landlord and have a tenant (assured) who has been

Customer Question

Hi I am a landlord and have a tenant (assured) who has been living at the property for a long time.
I am having a lot of problems trying to find her months at a time over the years.. She is known to travel to her country of origin and with no warning or update.
leaving the home empty and in danger of leaks and other problems. This over the years has left the home in disrepair as my attempts to try and repair the property are not possible due to the law not allowing me to access the property without her permission.
Can you help me know if I can Do something to get access without her being there? or even get her to be obliged to update me on her activities?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On the tenancy agreement isn't there a uk address for service of documents etc?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We don't have a written agreement was done verbal.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Is there a letting agent?