How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have two new borne babies on New years Eve and my partner

Customer Question

I have two new borne babies on New years Eve and my partner has depression and has taken them to her Mothers and is refusing to let me see them can I legally demand to see them as it is almost a week and I am out of my mind with worry!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Are you named on their birth certificate as the father? Have you and the mother separated? As their father the children have a right to a relationship with you and this will include seeing you. The mother is only able to justify restricting them seeing you if she has concerns about the level of care you provide to them when they are with you. In the circumstances you should remind her that the children have a right to see you and put forward proposals for this to happen. If she still does not agree then you should make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.