How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

About 7 years ago I married an egyptian man in egypt. I

Customer Question

Hi. About 7 years ago I married an egyptian man in egypt. I did it via the proper channels, went to UK embassy in Cairo then ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affairs in Cairo. I returned to UK after that and never met him again and don't have any of the paperwork. Can I remarry again in uk as I didn't register the marriage in embassy afterwards?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. If an offical marriage took place in Eygpt you will not be able to marry in the UK until you obtain a divorce. Please let me know if you wish for me to outline the divorce procedure.