How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50165
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I want to sue a financial company called the

This answer was rated:

I want to sue a financial company called the called me promising me risk free profits; give me a lot of misleading information and when I asked to give my money back they refused and instead proceeding trading with it and lost it all
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much did you lose?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£35000, £25000 of that was a Loan they made me get from the bank which they claimed was risk free
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i got most of our Skype conversation history where they claimed their trades where risk free and I wasn't going to lose anything
Thank you and what do you need to know? The process to sue them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to know if I have a winnable case and how much to sue them for in that case
OK I would not be able to tell you if you have a winnable case or not. This would not be possible just from the very basic information I have about this. You need to see a solicitor in person to conduct a formal case analysis for that. I can tell you f how you can pursue this as a claim and how much it may cost but not the prospects of success you have? Is that ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thats ok; let me know what i need to do
OK thank you. Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps: 1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due. 2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action. 3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this. Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far. In terms of costs, to make the claim you need to pay a claim fee which is equivalent to 4.5% of the value of the claim, so if you are claiming £30,000 it will be £1,350. The likelihood is that this will go on the fast track system in court in which case you need to pay a hearing fee of £545. If you were going to get a solicitor to represent you then the costs can vary considerably but you are probably looking at a couple of thousand for the full claim, you do not need a solicitor though and can use them as much or as little as you need and that will dictate the costs. So these are the costs you are looking at and the procedure you need to follow. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you