How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am 65 years old, widowed in 2001, receiving a state pension

This answer was rated:

I am 65 years old, widowed in 2001, receiving a state pension based on my late husbands contributions. I wish to remarry. Do I lose this pension?
Hi, thanks for your question. As you have reached state pension age, you will not lose your additional state pension which is based on your late husband's contributions. If you had remarried prior to reaching state pension age you will not have been entitled to the additional state pension. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you