75100385

I have signed a contract specific amount of money. Out

I have signed a contract for a specific amount of money. Out of that money the defendant paid me and now owes me about 12000Although I am owed about 12000 pounds , can I claim 10000 in order to keep this claim on to small claims?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Yes you can claim only £10,000 which keeps it under the small claims limit.Or if the Defendant will agree £12,000 in a small claim it can stay there.So its either £10,000 or £12,000 with the other sides agreement.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your prompt answer. I know that the defendant will not accept the 12000 to go through the small claims court. I take it the legal fee (about 400 pounds) will not push this to fast track? Meaning if I will win , the defendant will have to pay me circa 10400. I forgot to say that the case is extremely straight forward and will not be required to go to fast track.
Correct. Its the amount in dispute, excluding interest and Court fees.So £10,000 is fine.Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wonderful, many thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have a good day
And youAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure. Many thanks
ThanksAlex