How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49787
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have recently found out that a company I bought an investment from has since been d

This answer was rated:

I have recently found out that a company I bought an investment from has since been dissolved. How can I get my money back?
The company in question is Goldenglobe Resources PLC (Company number 07595629) and they were dissolved last April
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much are you owed by them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What you could do is try to reinstate the company and pursue it for what they owe you. If they refuse or are unable to pay still then you could try and force them into liquidation. Whether you get anything back will very much depend on what assets and money they have eft over, if any. It could be that they have nothing to satisfy your debt with so you could find yourself in a position where you have paid money and spent time reinstating the company and petition for its insolvency and get nothing in return. I fully appreciate that you are owed money from them but considering the actual amount, which is relatively low, you will be spending a lot more trying to reinstate the company and going down the insolvency route. Without knowing whether the company does have any assets to try and satisfy your claim, it would be a rather big risk to go down that route as there is absolutely no guarantee you will get anything back and could easily find yourself in a position where you have spent a lot more than what you are wed and not be able to get anything back. So you either write off the amount in question or take the risk in reinstating the company and pursuing it that way. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you