I am the executor, and only beneficiary of my brothers will.

I am the executor, and only beneficiary of my brothers will. He has left me a narrow boat in his will. I'm afraid I am unable to afford the running costs this would involve. Can I refuse this bequest
Legally you can refuse the bequest but you would still have to deal with it as executor. You would be better to sell it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your reply. Can I also refuse the roll of executor?
Yes you can but if you are the beneficiary and there are any items of estate that would require an application for probate, such as a house or a large bank account, then refusing the role of executor would be counter productive to you as a beneficiary. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.