How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I did some building work mr & mrs andrews there was

This answer was rated:

i did some building work for a mr & mrs andrews there was a leak and a carpet damaged. i cleaned all up and offered to pay for electric etc but they took me to court and obtained a ccj, which i only found out about after judgement. also the claimant is theer mother in law tenant, so judgement is in her name and i have never worked for her in that house. is this wrong
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear, the Claimant is someone you never had a contract with, is that right?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I never had a contract with her my understanding is she is a lodger
Do you have a number to talk on?Alex