How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have used a well known company to install renewable energy

This answer was rated:

I have used a well known company to install renewable energy in the form of a ground source heat pump. The installation was recently finished and all monies paid to the company in question. However when I went to claim RHI payments from government I soon realised that a form was missing with a special number on and this form is called a Green Deal Assessment. I have an email from the company acknowledging that I already have an Energy Performance Certificate and that they would supply the Green Deal assessment. Unfortunately this assessment should have taken place before the installation started and have only completed the assessment afterwards. I have now only just found out from a very sheepish member of staff that I will receive far less RHI as a consequence of their failure to complete this at the start of the installation. Fortunately I have not applied to Ofgem yet for the RHI. We are incredibly upset about this as we have taken out a loan for this installation and now find through no fault of our own that RHI payments will not cover the cost any where near . I have the email confirming that they would supply this service before the installation started and I have already made it very clear how unhappy I am . Its a lot of money involved and we will lose as a consequence along with integrity .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to make sure this company's failings to supply a Green Deal Energy assessment which should have been completed before my project was started does not result in reduced payments as appears to be the case.
What is your loss please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If our claim for RHI results in a total loss this will be £75,000.00
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you