How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49827
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have applied to substitute the defendants and to ament my

This answer was rated:

I have applied to substitute the defendants and to ament my claim. My application was accepted at a hearing and I was ordered to file the defendant's substitution and the amendments within 14 days. Could you please give me some information as of how to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In effect, I am asking: Do I have to download a form? If so, which one? If not, can I just write a letter containing the defendants information being struck through (in red) and right below in also red write the new defendant's information, and on the same letter add below the amendments of my claim? From what I understand, I am suppose to strike through the deleted information in red and add the new information also in red.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. If the court has given its permission you do not need to complete an official form to do this. A form would have been required to make the initial application asking for permission to be given. Now you need to do the following:· You do not actually need to include the original text unless ordered so by the court.· If no order to include the original text was made, you will have to issue the new statement of case headed “'Amended particulars of claim by Order of District Judge.........dated........” – in this case you do not need to include the old text and strike through anything in red and just have to include the new version with the said heading· You would then need to serve the new documents on the new defendant and any other defendants that remain in the claim. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Ben, I have a few question in order to get this a little clearer , please give me a minute. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Indeed on the order at the hearing, I was given by the Judge, there was no direction asking me to include the old text. I understand from your answer that I will have to send just the new text with no alterations and no new writing in red.In addition , I did , on the same n244 application, requested substitution of defendants. Which was accepted, together with the amendment of the claim.On the same letter that I will ament my claim, can I start with the defendant's substitution? Will it have to follow the protocol of the old defendants details stricken though with red and the new defendant stated in red? or can I simply write , "as ordered by the district judge, defendants are substituted by [new defendant's details]"? With thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or do I have to write: “'Amended particulars of claim by Order of District Judge.........dated........”
and simply follow with the new defendant's information and claim details, all new, with no stricken through text for any of the details, (defendant's substitution & amended claim)? I hope this is a clearer question, thank you
You write Amended particulars of claim by Order of District Judge.........dated........” then the rest of the documentation is the new version, with the defendant's details and any other changes permitted by the order. You do not have to include the old details or strike them through as you ave not been asked by the court to do so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fantastic, thank you Ben. I appreciate your help with this issue.
You are welcome, all the best If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Ben Jones and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you