How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

As a Social club would we have to apply to the courts to change

This answer was rated:

As a Social club would we have to apply to the courts to change a rule, rule 27 states. These rules may, subject to rules 12 and 14 be added to, repealed or amended by resolution of any Annual or special general meeting. provided that no such resolution shall be deemed to have been passed unless it carried by a majority of not less than two thirds of the members voting thereon and unless in accordance with the constitution of the club.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As we are a private social club do we need to ask the courts permission to change a rule in our club.
No. You can do this yourself.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At our AGM last night we voted to change a rule, so we are ok to carry on and Amend our rule book?