How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I brought a house jointly under the right to buy. Can I buy

Customer Question

I brought a house jointly under the right to buy. Can I buy someone out even if it is under the 5yr agreement with the council if I'm not actually selling?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first\Which of you actually had the Right to Buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the other person had the right to buy
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThen i am afraid that that person must remain on the title for the five yearsPlease ask if you need further detailsClare