How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71030
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We have had a road closure so a lot of people have bin using

Customer Question

hi we have had a road closure so a lot of people have bin using a short cut up a country lane not using the diversion. out of the bule they put up a no entry sign at one end of the lane. can they do this with out any notice
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What is the reason for the road closure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
road is being fix by corrosion from river but the school bus have access every morning
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. If this is road works then there are notice periods. They depend on the type of work. They are basically what you would expect though giving priority to more urgent works.Emergency/Urgent works - Notifiable within two hours of commencementMinor works of less than 4 days work - Notifiable 3 days prior to commencementStandard works between 4 and 10 days work - Notifiable 10 days prior to commencementMajor works of more than 10 days duration - Notifiable 3 months prior to commencement This is not likely to be an emergency and then the notice period would depend on the length of time it takes to complete. They only have to put notice on their council website though. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo​