How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good morning, My wife and I separated on 29/12/15, she has

Customer Question

Good morning,
My wife and I separated on 29/12/15, she has been living in her home country of Kazakhstan since that date.
I owned the home before we met, it is in my sole name.
I have returned all her belongings to her via air freight and she has taken possession of these. Nothing of hers remains here.
I received an email late last night that she is arriving in the UK today and wants to come to visit/stay. No way do I want her here, she is a serious alcoholic who suffers from clinical depression and I do not trust her or feel safe or secure anywhere near her.
Can I keep her out of the property?
Any help or answers would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Nick B.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Was she living in the property prior to the separation - has there been any violence and if so did you report it to the police