How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I would like to ask and I think I am being harassed by children services. Myself ( i am

This answer was rated:

Hi I would like to ask and I think I am being harassed by children services. Myself ( i am a father of Lucas) and my partner decided that we having a pause in our relationship. This pause might be up to 1 year could be less. My partner has Police caution for domestic violence , verbal abuse. Everything she admitted in front of inspector and solicitor. We were called to school because her son said that his mother slapped him. She will go back to Slovakia and I'm staying here in the UK with Lucas. Lucas is 18 months old. We both are British citizens she is not. Children services blaming me for everything and they threatening me with child protection. They want to take Lucas and my older son Ethan from his mother. What can I do? How can I stop them?
Thank you very much for any answer.
Hi, thanks for your question. If there are concerns raised regarding your child - from what you have said his disclosure to the school that he has been slapped, as well your partner's police involvement and domestic violence, then social services have a duty to investigate the concerns and assess whether a child protection plan should be put in place (outlining what work you/the mother needs to undertake to satisfy social services that your son is safe) or if the risks are serious in their opinion then they will proceed to court for an order. If the local authority pursue an application to court for an emergency protection order, care or supervision order - you cannot stop the application, but you will be entitled to free legal representation from a qualified family solicitor to defend yourself and prevent your son being removed from your care.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you