How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son who lives with me has run up debs of over £10.000....and

This answer was rated:

My son who lives with me has run up debs of over £10.000....and has been out of work for last 6 months and unable to pay anything as he's even barred for 13 weeks from job centre for not attending an appointment...I have been keeping him for months just with money coming in from my part time job.....what will happen if debt enforcers appear at my door....can they take my household possessions to pay for his debt.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was working for a company when he took on the debt....a car....for transport to work and home. but after xmas they only had him in working one day a week ...most shifts at all....this is why he went to sign on at job centre and missed his he hasn't had money since xmas time...and im struggling to feed him, plus the extra gas and electricity he uses.....
Hi, thanks for your question. If the lender proceeds enforcement proceedings against him and bailiffs attend your home, they cannot seize anything that does not belong to him. I would suggest that he contacts the lender to explain the reasons he has not continued payments and to try to arrange some repayment scheme. Most lenders will accept such offers.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for great advice..which I will pass on to son
Thank you - you can ask for me directly in the future by starting your question For Harris. In the meantime please provide a positive rating to my response so that I can be credited for assisting you. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you