How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

WE sold hair salon in August 2015 which had been running successfully

This answer was rated:

WE sold hair salon in August 2015 which had been running successfully for 12 years. The couple that bought the business off us couldn't raise the funds We agreed to allow them to pay in instalments of £8000 on the 27 August and the further amount of £5000 to be paid on the 27th February 2016. They are now refusing to pay the outstanding amount. This quote " we are not taking the amounts that you were taking therefore we think that the £8000 is enough to cover the good will and stock and equitment".We have a signed agreement with them that was drawn up by him as he was an accountant and had seen our bank statements and paying books card machine statements.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear you have evidence of this agreement to pay by instalments ?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, yes we have a signed agreement. It wasn't done through a solicitor.
You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you possibly send us template on how to word the letter. Thank you
You should be able to find a template online. But you simply say they signed a contract and as such those sums are due.Does that clairfy?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, thank you for your help
Good luck.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you