How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My wife walked out on the 5th December 2015, leaving me to

This answer was rated:

My wife walked out on the 5th December 2015, leaving me to look after our 3 children and to pay all the household bill. She today has decided that she will moving back in. I asked her to pay half the household bills but has refused
I don't know what I should do as surely she should pay towards the house bills now that she has moved back in
Hi, thanks for your question. This is something you need to sit down and discuss with her and reach an agreement about. You need to calculate how much a fair contribution should be and provide this to her. Does she work? Is she receiving the relevant benefits for the children?
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes she does work (full time), the child benefit is currently on hold as I have made an application for it as she has not provided my with the payments that she had while not living with us.I feel that she should pay half the rent, gas & electric and the council tax! I have asked her to pay this, but she has refused
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are not on talking terms as she feels that I am intimidating her,
Thanks for the further information - once matters cool down, it will be helpful if you can sit down with her to attempt to reach an agreement. If this does not help then you can make a referral to an independent mediator to help assist you both. You can find local mediators here: