How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

A property I have an interest in has been sold by my ex to

This answer was rated:

A property I have an interest in has been sold by my ex to his son, a Final Dispute resolution is due next month. The son now has the property up for sale again. Is a HR1 form need to halt this action.
Hi, thanks for your question. What interest did you have towards the property? A HR1 is to register matrimonial home rights towards a property in which you resided as husband and wife. This will not protect your interest as the property has already been transferred. What your husband has done is disposing of an asset to which you would have been entitled to make a claim as part of your divorce. This is financial misconduct, given that you are in financial proceedings.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you What you will need to consider doing is submitting an application for an injunction as part of the financial proceedings on an urgent basis as well as potentially applying to join his son as part of the proceedings, given that the property is in his name now.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help.
No worries. If there are any further questions or issues in the future you can ask for me directly by addressing your question For Harris.