How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I received a claim form posted on the 1st February

This answer was rated:

I received a claim form posted on the 1st February 2016 ,but date of service on the form is 3rd February 2016.
The seal is photocopy, not original -it says The County Cou ( no name ,not even complete,fade).
2nd page of the claim has no claim no at the top of the page. There are no particulars of Claim.( It only says Letters including emails and Notification of Debt). These are attached as copies at the end of the form,however no particulars,no statement nothing.
I already sent my acknowledgement of the service and said that I will defend myself.
There is a brief details of the claim on the first page but they are wrong.
Because there are no particulars ,I can not defend myself properly.
What can I do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you called the County Court yet please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no county court.I called the County court claim center.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I don't want live call I would like a written answer please m
Sure. If there is no live claim then you dont need to worry. You should write to the Court and send them a copy. This is contempt of Court, if they are faking a Court claim, this is fraud.As such if you have spoken to the Court and they confirm there is no claim, then this is false.Send it to the Court and ask that a Judge review it - this is very serious.You dont need to defend yourself as there is no live claim.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a claim in the money claim center but no court I meant. I want to partly defend the case.But there is no particulars so I can not.Can I complain to say it is invalid.
Yes. File a defence saying that there are NO particulars of claim and as such you cant provide fully pleaded defence and reserve the right to amend, should the Claimant amend the claim to include particulars.So file a defence saying that. That puts the case on hold for you.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, I sent an email to the money claim county court explaining without the particulars this claim is invalid. I can not defend myself. I ask the correct and complete form to be served in order to defend myself.I also filed this statement under defense. Is it OK ?
That is correct. If you did this and filled out the form. you havent done it already, send it backDoes that help?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Alex. This had been helpful.
Great news.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: