How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3839
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

My ex husband was a solicitor and in the divorce process I

This answer was rated:

My ex husband was a solicitor and in the divorce process I was the petitioner ( he was having an affair ) but he used his legal status to initiate the proceedings in an underhand way . I have a copy of a letter which was sent to his firm stating " in spite of the fact that so much distress has been caused to our client by the surprising lack of adherence to the protocol by your client and your firm , our client has agreed to proceed with the divorce "
This happened three years ago but is there anything I can do to highlight this professional misconduct ?
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You have the following options:(i) You make a complaint to the senior partner at his law firm detailing his failing in conduct;(ii) You complain to the Legal Ombudsman​(iii) You complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority are bound by conduct rules - and as a general principle they should not do anything that brings the profession into disrepute or harms the image of the profession.If you are seeking for him to held accountable for his conduct then the best thing to do is complain to his regulator the SRA. If you suffered financial harm from his conduct and want compensation then I would complain to the Legal Ombudsman.I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you