How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I need to serve a section 21 notice but I am unsure

This answer was rated:

Hello, I need to serve a section 21 notice but I am unsure whether i can as i forgot to protect my tenant's deposit properly. I do have the money though in my bank account for them. Can I still serve the notice?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.No.The law says that you can not take ANY step to evict unless the deposit is protected.So you need to protect the deposit NOW and then serve a S.21 notice.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what steps? send it off now, and then ask for it back?
Protect it now yes: serve a S.21Does that help?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you