How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

My ex Re-mortgage in 2008 her house with false signitures of

This answer was rated:

My ex Re-mortgage in 2008 her house with false signitures of mine so now the house going to be repossess what can i do?
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is there any balance on the mortgage you will have to pay? Has the bank acknowledged that you were subject of a fraud? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lender call GE Money and they blame the broker who is now long gone since 2009 and they sold the debt without my knowledge to Promontria Vantage ltd ! and the ombudsman told me in 2011 not to pay as he believe i didn't sign ( which I can prove easily) my ex has spinal injuries and on benefits and medications she admited all as was desparation not bad intention
The lender asking for £320,000 arrears of £81,000 fee of £14000 the house worth only £155,000 by all property experts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The original lender couldn't repossess the house for 4 years cause of my ex sever medical condition can't be relocated and now her health much worse and all she pays from our daughter £ 340 plus the DSS pay £200 monthly .
The house good for her to stay as mental depression history and waiting on operations.
Hi, Thank you. In this circumstance you had a ruling from the FoS to say that you should not pay the debt as your signature was forged, the fact that the bank sold the debt any way is concerning. As a starting point I would complain about GE (and the person that purchased the debt) to the - Financial Conduct Authority.I would then write to the the party chasing you for the money enclosing a copy of the Ombudsman's decision and say the following:(i) You deny you owe this money;(ii) You have a ruling from a regulating body to say that you do not owe this money and it was the subject of fraud;(iii) Say if they continue to chase you they are perpetuating the fraud;(iv) Say it is a criminal offence to pursue someone for money they do not owe under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.(v) If they do not stop chasing you, you will report them to the Police and will show the Ombudsman ruling as evidence.In the mean time I would make a complaint to the FCA, and write to GE asking for compensation on the basis that they sold the debt in contravention of a process and judicial process designed to protect consumers.I would also write to a newspaper and tell them about this - the fact that GE ignored the Ombudsman ruling is a matter of public interest.Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Sir
I prefer writing to me your answers as when in work it is hard for me to recall all info .
Your informations excellent it helped me .
Thank you very much. If I can assist you any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards AJ