How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I bought a flat with my partner now ex in 2007 in London. The

This answer was rated:

I bought a flat with my partner now ex in 2007 in London. The bond is in both our names (50/50) yet I put in 160 k and he put in 80 k. Is there anyway I can legally get my share of the property increased to represent my additional input? I have proof of my contribution.
Hi, thank you for your question. Are you/were you married to each other? Was there a deed of trust or formal agreement drawn out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we were never married and apart from the bond - nothing else entered into.
Thanks - unless there is a clear intention or deed of trust that you would be entitled to your initial financial contribution, the legal position is for the equity to be split as held on the title - ie. 50-50.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you