How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good morning , we decided to move to Spain and to rent our

Customer Question

Good morning , we decided to move to Spain and to rent our house of 16 years in Worcester . We had 4 people wanting it and our agent choose a doctor who had just moved over from Holland as he was earning £3,000 a week , on a 3 year tenantcy .It's an old house and he made his mind up while on our drive after being shown round . His wife followed and since then he has been complaining about everything , We were told by the agent that he was seeking a mortgage but they said he was in a 3 year agreement with us , after this he called in the council to check the house and other people , gas ,roofers etc . The council found no health issues but other people found things that had to be done as we were not living there and it was rented out . We told the agents to do every job that needed to be done mainly all cat 1 and cat 2 .
Now he has instructed a solicitor to take us to court over all the smaller matters ,and for the agent taking their time over these works . The agents agrees that many of the 100 s of jobs are not nesserary and he would be laughed out of court and all the main jobs are in hand .
Last month he did not pay his rent apparently being told by his solicitor , today I received a letter from him basically saying he will move out on April 24th and will not pay any rent during his stay as to cover his legal costs and his discomfort . Thanks please advise Wayne
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What sort of small jobs need doing ? Is his deposit protected please?Alex