How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1432
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Our daughter has been living with us as our guest

This answer was rated:

Our daughter has been living with us as our guest for several years because she can not afford a place of her own .We now wish to downsize but will still continue to offer her a roof over her head .Does she have any rights in relation to the sale of the current house .We are being told she has to sign the sale agreement.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you. Please may I ask: - has your daughter paid the mortgage? paid a deposit? added value to the house through renovation?- is your daughter paying rent or just board?- how old is your daughter?- is your daughter objecting to the sale? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mortgage etc -no
age 43
objecting no
Hello Thank you for your response. Please accept my apologies for my delay in responding to you. Bases on the answers that you have provided - Your daughter does not have a possible claim in respect of a beneficial interest in your property neither is she a tenant of the property. Your daughter therefore does not have any rights in relation to the sale of your property. It is normal for other adults to be asked to sign an agreement confirming that they have no rights to the property so that this will not delay a sale. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate my service so that I receive credit for helping you today
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you .