How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son who is now 13, chose to go and live with his

Customer Question

My son who is now 13, chose to go and live with his father 10 months ago, after an argument which resulted in me confiscating his phone. I can't speak to him and he doesn't respond to my texts. What are my legal rights as his mother, if any?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am sorry to hear about your current difficulties. Please may I ask: - when was the last time you had any contact with your son?- are there any court orders in place?- any child protection concerns? Kind Regards Caroline