How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My parents & I own a house jointly in equal shares. Myself

This answer was rated:

My parents & I own a house jointly in equal shares. Myself and my husband are now buying their share for the same amount as they initially invested 2 1/2 yrs ago. We are preparing the TR1 ourselves. My question is do I have to include myself as one of the Transferors as well as one of the Transferees (even though I am not receiving any of the money my husband and I are paying to my parents)?
Thanks CB
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.You will need to include your name in the Transferor's panel a this must show all the current owners.In the panel where it asks what consideration is to be paid you should put "£x payable to the Transferors A and B for their share in the Property"(A is your Father and B is your Mother). I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. The box where I have to type in the consideration has some wording already in it as follows:-
"The transferor has received from the transferee for the property the following sum (in words and figures):"I am editing it as a Word document so am I ok to edit that text and word it like you suggest above i.e.
"The transferors A and B have received from the transferee for their share in the property the following sum..."
Thanks CB
Hi,Apologies for the delay- I have been away.Your suggested wording is just fine. Kind RegardsAl
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you