How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35045
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

A friend of mine recently committed Suicide. He is

This answer was rated:

A friend of mine recently committed Suicide. He is Polish. His Father and Sister have been in the UK for the last few days, but are still waiting for the results of the post-mortem.
They are waiting for thee Death Certificate so they can repatriate his body.
They want to return to Poland either on Friday or Saturday, but will be unable to sort out all the Bank, Inland Revenue, and National Insurance stuff.
They have asked me if I can help with these things once they have returned home. But I do not know how to go about this.
Can you help?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I am sorry for the loss of your friendThe starting point is that when they Register the death his family will be offered the chance to use the "Tell us Once " service will mean that the Inland Revenure and DWP will be notified of the deathThey will also need to ask for four copies of the Death certificate so that you can have three of them to use to notify the bank etcYou may find this website useful ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
Thanks for your fast response.
Because this was being dealt with by the Coroner we were under the impression that we would not have to register the death.
And as the family need to return to Poland. Will I be act on their behalf
They will still have to Register the death before they take the body back.However they can give you written authority to deal with matters in their absence
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I just recap.
The Coroner will provide the certificate we need to register the death?
The body cannot be repatriated until we register the death?
If I have written authority I will be able to deal with any outstanding matters?
Yes that is correct
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you