How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My girlfriend has a 3-1/2 yr old daughter. She herself is 29.

Customer Question

My girlfriend has a 3-1/2 yr old daughter. She herself is 29. She's lost a baby at birth and recently was evicted as landlord sold her 2 bed flat. The council have taken her as a duty of care BUT have said she's only entitled to a one bed flat??? The bedroom calculator on gov website says a 2 bed property. Please can you help with any info and can this be fought???
Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Where did you check for that confirmation? Housimg legislation states that a 1 bedroom flat with a living room would be adequate for them as a living room is treated as a further bedroom for housing allocation purposes.The home should have a separate room to sleep in for each:couplesingle adult aged 21 or oldertwo young people of the opposite sex aged 10 or overThe room standard says the home is legally overcrowded if it doesn't have this. Children under 10 years old are not counted.The bedrooms and any living rooms are counted as rooms they can sleep in. It doesn't matter which rooms they actually sleep in.Under the room standard, a couple with a boy aged under the age of 10 in a one bedroom flat are not overcrowded.I appreciate that this answer may not be what you had hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating as I will not be credited with answering your question without one. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.