How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

When my mother was unable to manage her finances properly she

Customer Question

when my mother was unable to manage her finances properly she got my brother to act as co-signee so he could draw or pay money/ bills etc for her. i later found out that over a period of 6yrs he had been withdrawing money for his own use (over £7000) i went to CAB and was told there was nothing i could do about it as he was a co-signee and had permission to access her account. I think this is wrong, please tell me if any action that can be taken against him as i think it is misappropriation of funds and he has basically stolen this money
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for you questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is your mother's view of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my mother has passed away and i never told her that i found that my brother had been taking money from her account. My mother was in a residential care home diagnosed with vascular dementia so i felt it would upset her and/or she would not understand
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Is there any evidence that she would not have agreed to him having the money?