How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

When moving into my new property I was only handed front door

This answer was rated:

When moving into my new property I was only handed front door keys stating that the vendor had taken the garage keys and would forward them on. I needed access to the garage so next day I employed locksmith to break and replace lock Approx 3months later I received a Christmas card containing a st of keys and apology for not forwarding the keys.
I therefore advised the estate Agent I would be forwarding the Bill to them. They are refusing to settle the Bill. What is my position
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know what the total amount owing is?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,
The amount owing is £120.00
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.You should name the landlord as defendant and not the agent.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you